This is a timeline of events in the history of Alagaësia.
Before the beginning of the Rider War (BBRW) / After Creation (AC)Edit
C. 8000 BBRW / 0 ACEdit
C. 2783 BBRW / 5217 ACEdit
C. 2709 BBRW / 5291 ACEdit
C. 2704 BBRW / 5296 ACEdit
- Du Fyrn Skulblaka ends.
C. 2695 BBRW / 5305 ACEdit
- After nine years spent developing the spells necessary, the Dragon Riders are established by Eragon I in the city of Ilirea.
- The beginning of the Golden Age of the Riders, elves and dwarves.
C. 2395 BBRW / 5605 ACEdit
C. ~800 BBRW / 7200 ACEdit
- The birth of Oromis.
C. 797 BBRW / 7203 AC Edit
- King Palancar and the Broddrings found the city of Kuasta, and eventually build the city of Teirm.
- The end of the Golden Age.
C. 791 BBRW / 7209 ACEdit
- A ship of men with coal-black skin arrives. The passengers spread throughout southern Alagaësia as nomads. They were the ancestors of the later acclaimed artisans of the southern Empire.
C. 783 BBRW / 7217 ACEdit
- The Riders settle at Vroengard and accept humans into the Riders' spell.
C. 500 BBRW / 7500 ACEdit
- The Îdgand Era of the dwarf civilization. Queen Forna sends Erst Graybeard to aid the human King Radgar in the construction of the city of Dras-Leona but is murdered by Grim Halfstave before he can complete his work.
C. 200 BBRW / 7800 ACEdit
- The dwarves fight their last clan war.
C. 133 BBRW / 7867 ACEdit
- The birth of Galbatorix.
C. 132 - 127 BBRW / 7868 - 7873 ACEdit
- The birth of Morzan.
C. 129 - 124 BBRW / 7871 - 7876 ACEdit
- The birth of Brom.
C. 123 BBRW / 7877 ACEdit
- Galbatorix is accepted into the ranks of the Riders.
C. 114 BBRW / 7886 ACEdit
- Galbatorix's original dragon (Jarnunvösk) is murdered by Urgals.
- Galbatorix is banished from the ranks of the Riders.
- Galbatorix kills two Riders and flees into the wilderness.
C. 107 BBRW / 7893 ACEdit
- Galbatorix crosses paths with Morzan, who leaves a gate unbolted at Ilirea for Galbatorix. He enters within and steals a new Dragon. They bind the hatchling's, Shruikan's, mind with Galbatorix's.
C. 104 BBRW / 7896 ACEdit
- Galbatorix and Morzan reveal themselves to the Riders.
- The Fall of the Dragon Riders begins.
C. 101 BBRW / 7899 ACEdit
- The birth of Arya.
C. 100 BBRW / 7900 ACEdit
C. 99 - 95 BBRW / 7901 - 7905 ACEdit
18 BBRW / 7982 ACEdit
17 BBRW / 7983 ACEdit
16 - 15 BBRW / 7984 - 7985 ACEdit
- Selena leaves Morzan to go to Carvahall.
- Brom and Jeod recover a dragon egg from Galbatorix.
- The death of Morzan.
- The birth of Eragon.
- Death of Selena
- Brom settles in Carvahall.
0 BBRW / 7999 ACEdit
- Arya is captured by Durza.
- Saphira's egg is found by Eragon.
- Garrow is murdered, and Eragon and Brom pursue the Ra'zac.
After the beginning of the Rider War (ABRW) / (8000 AC)Edit
1 ABRW / 8000 ACEdit
- The death of Brom, and the appearance of Murtagh.
- Eragon is captured at Gil'ead.
- Eragon is rescued by Murtagh and Saphira.
- Urgals attack Farthen Dûr.
- The death of Ajihad.
- Nasuada is elected the leader of the Varden.
- Eragon, Saphira, Arya and Orik depart for Ellesméra.
- Carvahall is besieged by the Empire.
- Eragon, Saphira, Arya and Orik arrive at Ellesméra, and meet Queen Islanzadí.
- Roran leads most of Carvahall's villagers in an exodus to Surda.
- The second Battle of The Burning Plains takes place.
- King Hrothgar is killed by Murtagh.
- Queen Islanzadí's forces attack Ceunon.
- Eragon, Saphira, and Roran attack Helgrind and kill the Ra'zac.
- Roran marries Katrina.
- Orik becomes the king of the dwarves.
- Saphira mends the Star Sapphire
- Queen Islanzadí's forces attack Gil'ead.
- Oromis and Glaedr are killed.
- Siege of Feinster. Arya kills a Shade, Varaug.
- Siege of Belatona. A Dauthdaert is rediscovered.
- Siege of Aroughs. Carn is killed.
- Siege of Dras-Leona.
- Battle of Urû'baen.
- Death of Galbatorix
- Coronation of Nasuada Nadarasdaughter
- Hatching of Fírnen, Arya's green male dragon
2 ABRW / 8001 ACEdit
- Rebellions in the north and the south (Gil'ead and Aroughs)
- Birth of Ismira, daughter of Roran and Katrina
- Roran, Katrina, and Ismira travel to Farthen Dûr and to Ellesméra
- Additions of Dwarves and Urgals to the Pact of the Dragon Riders
- Departure of Eragon, Saphira, Blödhgarm, Umaroth, Cuaroc, Glaedr, Valdr, and the other Eldunarí (along with many elves and most of the dragon eggs) from Alagaësia into the unknown east.