Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Rider-Dragon Bond was formed after a dragon hatched and the Rider first touched the dragon. This resulted in the formation of an oval mark called the "gedwëy ignasia", or shining palm.
- The only known Rider without a gedwëy ignasia was Eragon I.
- The bond is weakened if a person other than the intended Rider touches the dragon first.
- Some unfortunates who did not want to become Riders touched a dragon and inadvertently gained a bond, such as Murtagh.
- The bonds could be warped and dragons could be deceived: see Galbatorix and Shruikan.
- ↑ shurtugal.com, Q&A with Christopher Paolini, May 2010, retrieved April 19,2011