Clan symbol Edit
The symbol of the clan was a hammer surrounded by twelve stars. This symbol could usually be found engraved on the helmets of its members.
Role in society Edit
The clan of metalworkers and master smiths. In the Inheritance cycle, Dûrgrimst Ingeitum was the ruling clan. Hrothgar was dwarf king, the elections were held, Orik took his spot, both of whom were from Dûrgrimst Ingeitum.
General information and history Korgan, first king of the dwarves and first Dûrgrimst Ingeitum, had his personal symbol adopted as the clan symbol. The house seat is located at Farthen Dûr, the city that Korgan founded. Both Orik and Hrothgar were members of Dûrgrimst Ingeitum. Hrothgar also bestowed membership on Eragon when he departed Farthen Dûr. Eragon accepted the offer, becoming the first human to ever join a dwarf clan. Upon Eragon's arrival in Tarnag, the dwarves of Dûrgrimst Az Sweldn rak Anhûin quickly became hostile after learning Eragon joined Dûrgrimst Ingeitum and declared themselves blood enemies. After Hrothgar was assassinated by Murtagh, Orik took over as Grimstborith of Dûrgrimst Ingeitum and was later voted to be the king of the dwarves.
Notable clan members Edit
- Korgan - First King of the Dwarves
- Fûthark was a legendary smith who taught Rhunön, an elf who later forged the Rider's swords
- Dondar - The 10th King of the Dwarves
- Hvalmar - The Grimstborith at the time of the discovery of the Forest of Stone
- Aldhrim - The predecessor of Hrothgar
- Hrothgar - The 42nd King of the Dwarves, and foster-father of Orik
- Orik - The 43rd King of the Dwarves, and friend to Eragon
- Eragon - Inducted into the clan by Hrothgar